2020-2021 Virtual Fall/Spring Programs
Application Deadline: September 18, 2020
The Iona College STEP 2020 -2021 Virtual Fall/Spring Program will begin October 3, 2020. The Fall Program will run on alternate Saturdays from 9 a.m. - Noon. Start date for the Spring program will be announced later.
The program will feature rigorous academic support for the ongoing school term.
Immediately after submitting this application, the applicant is required to submit their most recent report card to email@example.com. The report card will be assessed with the application to determine enrollment eligibility.
An Iona STEP Parent Board (ISPB) fee of $150 is required. This is a one-time payment for any level of participation in the program, whether or not the student is enrolling in the fall or spring program only OR both the fall and spring programs. A payment link will be provided.
Only steps 1,2,5 and 6 apply to returning students.
- Applicant submits the 2020-2021 Iona College STEP Fall/Spring Application Form through the Iona College website.
- Immediately after submitting the application form, the applicant submits his/her most recent report card to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FOR NEW APPLICANTS ONLY: STEP administrators assess the application form and report card of the applicant. In order to move to the next part of the application process, the applicant is required to have a grade of B or above in Math and/or Science, and meet any ONE of the following criteria:
- (A) Have an ethnic background of African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Alaskan Native or American Indian
- (B) Be of a family that meets New York State Income Eligibility Criteria (submission of most recent 1040 Form is required. Kindly email to email@example.com).
- (C) Receives free lunch - (documentation must be provided by applicant's school to prove they meet this criteria).
All of the above requirements will be assessed only once in the history of the student's participation in the Iona College STEP Program.
- The new applicant who meets the above requirements will be invited to an enrollment interview.
- The new applicant who does not pass the enrollment if interview will not be permitted to advance to the next level in the enrollment process (the STEP office will contact the parents in applicant is not accepted). The new applicant who successfully passes the enrollment interview will be sent a link to accept an offer of enrollment and pay the parental contribution of $150. Returning applicants will also be sent a link to accept an offer of enrollment and pay the parental contribution of $150. A guidance counselor recommendation/information form is also required to be completed for both new and returning students at this level.
Please note: STEP administrators will make the final decision on the number of new and returning applicants that will be accepted. Applications will be denied after spaces have been filled for both new and returning applicants.
- Students who accept the offer, and for whom the parental contribution of $150 is submitted, will receive an invitation to attend the Welcome/Orientation Session for the Iona College STEP 2020-2021 Virtual Fall/Spring Summer Program. Class schedules will be distributed at the welcome session.