Iona in Mission Moderator Application
Thank you for considering to participate in the Iona in Mission (IIM) program as a moderator.
We seek to include potential moderators from diverse areas of the College and the position is open to any full-time administrator, faculty, or qualified alumni.
The moderator is a key support role for the student trip leader, immersion group, and is an essential representative of the College to ensure the safety of participants and integrity of the program.
Being an Iona in Mission moderator is a commitment and the following are some of the expectations, roles, and responsibilities:
- The Iona In Mission program is grounded in a student leadership model, so the moderator is an "active participant" but not the immersion group leader.
- Moderators are expected to attend team meetings regularly, if possible, and the Commissioning Mass before the trip.
- Moderators on domestic trips serve as drivers of 12 or 7 passenger vans and are mandated to become approved College drivers through Human Resources.
- Moderators are the emergency contact person for the group while on immersion and strive to ensure the safety of the group.
- The Office of Mission and Ministry subsidizes the full cost of the moderator.
Finally, the purpose of this application is to collect your interest in order for the Coordinator of Iona in Mission to connect the moderator applicant with the student trip leader to determine fittingness for the immersion.