Science And Technology Entry Program (STEP)
At Iona College
Virtual Summer Program Application 2021
Application Deadline: May 21, 2021
The 2021 Iona College Virtual STEP Summer Program will be held from July 6-23, 2021. The program will run from 9 a.m. - Noon, Monday - Friday.
The program will feature rigorous academic support for the upcoming school year, career specific professional workshops, virtual college tours and virtual scientific field trips.
Immediately after submitting this application, the applicant is required to submit their third period report card to firstname.lastname@example.org. The report card will be assessed with the application to determine enrollment eligibility.
The Iona STEP Parent Board (ISPB) fees associated with the 2021 STEP Summer Program has been waived more than 50% due economic challenges being experienced by families during the COVID-19 pandemic. Parents are only required to pay a fee of $200 for their first child applicant and $100 for each additional child. Regular fees will resume for the Fall 2021 program. A payment link will be provided after application is reviewed.
ONLY STEPS 1,2,5 AND 6 APPLY TO RETURNING STUDENTS.
- Applicant submits the 2021 Iona College STEP Summer Application Form through the Iona College website.
- Immediately after submitting the application form, the applicant submits his/her third period report card to email@example.com.
- FOR NEW APPLICANTS ONLY: STEP administrators assess the application form and report card of the applicant. In order to move to the next part of the application process, the applicant is required to have a grade of B or above in Math and/or Science, and meet any ONE of the following criteria:
- (A) Have an ethnic background of African American/Black, Hispanic/Latino, Alaskan Native or American Indian
- (B) Be of a family that meets New York State Income Eligibility Criteria (submission of most recent 1040 Form is required. Kindly email to firstname.lastname@example.org).
- (C) Receives free lunch - (documentation must be provided by applicant's school to prove they meet this criteria).
- The new applicant who meets the above requirements will be invited to an enrollment interview.
- The new applicant who does not pass the enrollment interview, will not be permitted to advance to the next level in the enrollment process. (The STEP office will contact the parents, if applicant is not accepted). The new applicant who successfully passes the enrollment interview will be sent a link to accept an offer of enrollment and pay the parental contribution of $200 for the first child/applicant and $100 for each additional child. Returning applicants will also be sent a link to accept an offer of enrollment and pay the parental contribution of $200 for the first child/applicant and $100 for each additional child/applicant. Please note: STEP administrators will make the final decision on the number of new and returning applicants that will be accepted. Applications will be denied after spaces have been filled for both new and returning applicants.
- Students who accept the offer, and for whom the parental contribution is submitted, will receive an invitation to attend an orientation session on Monday, June 28, 2021 at 6 p.m. Class schedules will be distributed at the orientation session.